Pages

October 3, 2014

October 3rd 2014

I finished my cardigan on sunday & I LOVE it so much! it fits great & I am really happy with the yarn I used for it. the weather is going to be cool enough to use it this weekend too :D yay!







I casted on for my first fair isle sweater on October 1st BUT I don't love the yarn I picked. the pattern called for worsted weight yarn so I was going to use impeccable because I had some & I only needed 1 extra color to make it work. but it is SO cheap & itchy :( I might just frog it. 

 I've never been able to afford "nice" yarn for anything & I doubt I ever will. not to be negative but at $23 - $36 for a 100 yard skein it would cost me about $250 - $380 to make a sweater with nice yarn :(  I can make a sweater with mass market cheapy craft store yarn that cost $4-$9 for 250 yards so a whole sweater with that yarn would cost $20 - $45 to make. the Omega Sinfonia that I made my cardigan with was nice for me! It did come for a mass market craft store BUT it is a good texture & I liked how it knit up.  

I want to learn to spin so badly so that I can make soft & nice yarns.