Pages

October 31, 2014

October 31st 2014

yesterday we (Bella & I) picked off 46 unopened bolls from our red beauty cotton plants. I sliced them open & made a nice little setup with pots, pans & a space heater to get them to dry out & finish opening so the cotton would be useable. my method worked pretty good. Bella is so excited about the cotton! she helped me plant the seeds in the spring, she has seen them grow & she checks them out when we go outside. she was interested when they started blooming flowers & when the bolls started developing, but now she is totally obsessed with them! she has been begging to go in the room & look at the cotton. she even kept me up till 1:40am begging to go look at it, lol. she loves to go to bed & sleep but she was too excited last night. today we have to pick the bolls off of the Arkansas green & the pima. I was hoping to make something for myself out of the cotton I have grown BUT now I feel like I should make something for Bella since she loves it.







I am almost done with the sweater I am knitting (fair isle), when I finish that it will be time to spin the cotton :D
today is mine & Alizé's 13th anniversary :) 
oh & the reason I picking the cotton & forcing it to open is because it is going to freeze here tonight. 

happy halloween :D