Pages

October 17, 2014

October 17th 2014

it has been really cool outside this week so i got to wear the cardigan i knitted for myself & broke out the pumpkin spice tea :) i love to drink tea in the afternoon in the cooler months while i read or knit. 
i am still reading "a discovery of witches", it's really good! i love to read about supernatural beings, vampires, witches & fairies are my favorites.
this week i finished the lower part of the "body" of my fair isle sweater and i am now working on the 1st arm. i like this pattern a lot, its fun to knit since it changes almost every row. 


i also have been crocheting a "death star" for a friend and i finished the ball part this week, now i just have to make the lines on it and the "super laser" then it will be finished! 

my cotton bolls still haven't opened so i am getting worried that they won't open :( i read that you can put them in the microwave to open them but i really want to see them open on the plant so i can pick them like my grandparents & great grandparents used to. my granny said "cotton picking vacation" started mid october from what she could remember and ran through mid november. so going by that info i think it should all start to open soon. i have mixed feelings about it opening soon because i want to finish knitting my sweater before i start to spin the cotton BUT i know i will be excited to spin and i will probably end up setting my sweater project aside. i could just pick it and bag it until i'm done with my project but i really doubt that will happen. oh and i still need a spinning wheel so i won't have to spin it all with a tahkli O_O